Notice is hereby given of the Annual General Meeting of the South African Chamber of Commerce UK Ltd to be held as follows:
EVENT: SACC AGM
VENUE: Deloitte Auditorium, 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ
DATE: Wednesday 7th September 2016
TIME: 18:30 to 19:00
DRESS: Smart or traditional
1. Welcome by SACC Chair Melissa Powys-Rodrigues
a. Thank you to Board members and Sponsors
b. Chairperson’s report
c. Directors resolutions enacted during the last year
d. Introduction of CEO David Butler
2. CEO update by David Butler
3. Financial update by Treasurer Michael Miller
4. Adoption of resolution on proposed revised SACC constitution – members will be required to vote by a show of hands. All support documentation will be sent out with the final notice on 16th August 2016.
5. Election of Directors – members will be required to vote by a show of hands. The following directors are standing for re-election:
i. Melissa Powys-Rodrigues (current Chair)
ii. David Butler (current CEO)
iii. Michael Miller (current Treasurer)
iv. John Battersby
v. Chantele Carrington
vi. Sharon Constancon
vii. Carol Freeman
viii. Masechaba Mashigo
6. Election of Executive Committee members. The current Executive committee members are as follows:
i. Jaco van Zyl
ii. Simon Goedhals
iii. Sam Finnemore
iv. Sean Godoy
v. Francis West
7. Any other business. Only items with supporting documentation and approved by the directors can be included in the agenda. Such items to be submitted by close of business on Thursday 11th August 2016
1. Please note that only paid up members of good standing will be allowed to attend the AGM and vote on resolutions and election of office bearers.
2. The final notice of the meeting, final agenda and supporting documentation will be sent to all members on Tuesday 16th August, twenty one days before the AGM in line with the requirement to do so as laid out in the SACC constitution.
3. Any proposed additions to the agenda must be received with supporting documentation by close of business on Friday 12th August 2016. The directors will then decide whether to include any proposed additional item on the agenda by a majority vote.
The AGM will be followed by a Chamber Connects presentation and networking with canapes and drinks supplied by Deloitte.